The Knoxville News Sentinel (where I work) and sportswriter Dave Hooker are making news this week in a flap with the University of Tennessee over the suspension of his credentials for acting like a reporter.
- Romenesko: here and here.
- Editor and Publisher article
- SPJ encourages Knoxville News Sentinel to fight reporter suspension from UT
- SPJ Prez Christine Tatum’s blog: Go UT Vols?! Whatever.
- Miller’s Moments: The meddling media (by Jim)
- Idea Grove: Sports Information Director: The Easiest PR Job?
- News Sentinel Editor’s Blog: Protesting Hooker’s suspension and Behind Dave Hooker’s suspension
- Newspaper’s editorial: UT shouldn’t decide what is sports news
- Fulmer’s Belly: Hooker banned from football team
- Scout.com: Tennessee chat forum
- Geoff Calkins (Commercial Appeal): UT out of bounds for banning reporter
- Loser with Socks: Dave Hooker’s Hissy Fit on WNOX
Tags: first amendment | media | college football | Society of Professional Journalists | sports journalism