The introduction of the new Facebook comment plugin and the legal efforts to force the Indianapolis Star to disclose information it may have on anonymous commenters makes it a salient time to post an updated list of comments links.
These are part of a collection of links on delicious about comments on websites, particularly news websites.
I hope you find them helpful. There are also some previous posts on comments..
- The Real “Authenticity Killer” (and an aside about how bad the Yahoo brand has gotten) â€” Scobleizer
- Anonymous comments: Adding to debate or facilitating hate? | American Observer
- Reflections of a Newsosaur: Facebook comments: Friend or foe for pubs?
- On the Media: Your words, your real name – Los Angeles Times
- Singel-Minded: Facebook Comments Are Another â€˜Good News, Bad News’ Proposition | EpicenterÂ | Wired.com
- Zenroll â˜¯ Tech In Asia
- Website posters’ anonymity is being put to the test | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com
- Judge: Media must reveal IDs of online posters – chicagotribune.com
- A 5-minute framework for fostering better conversations in comments sections | Poynter.
- The Pros And Cons Of Facebook Comments
- Facebook Comments Have Silenced The Trolls â€” But Is It Too Quiet?
- A close look at troll comments versus real ones
- Changes to commenting system roll out across 100 GateHouse sites – – GHS Newsroom
- Keeping Up With the Commentariat – NYTimes.com
- 3+ Ideas on Being/Stopping a Comment Troll – Todd Lyden
- Cromeens: A Reporter-News plan for improving online conversation » Abilene Reporter-News
- Are fewer comments the cost of online civility? | Poynter.
- Also We Don’t Wash | Corrente
- Simple Justice: Online Accountability Picks Up Steam
- Trolling, toxic talk and the challenges of transparency | Crisisblogger
- I hope to one day live in a world without trolls â€” Tech for the Rest of Us â€” Orlando Sentinel
- Someone On The Internet Was Mean To Me – TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime
- Balloon Juice » Blog Archive » Getting Anonymity Wrong, As Usual
- Under the Bridge: The Side Benefits of Troll Culture | The Awl
- Don’t Feed the Trolls. No, Wait! Feed the Trolls. | The Atlantic Wire